Spencers Retreat Care Farm Part of The Langdale Trust
Supporting vulnerable adults, children, and their families in Warwickshire and the West Midlands
Independent Exclusive Access
When you arrive you will need the confirmation email sent to you when you booked and paid for your visit. This will have the details on how to access the farm. We have volunteers that maintain the farm and look after the animals and they may or may not be on site when you arrive or leave.
- Please read fully the confirmation email about accessing the farm this will explain how to enter and the codes you need.
- You will arrive at our large double green gates
- You will see a padlock and you will need to enter the 4 digit code.
- You will need to drive through the gates and shut and lock the gates behind you.
- You will then go open the silver gate to your right (Please remember to close it once you go through)
- Then head to the end of the track.
- Open the gate, pulling it towards you and back towards the wood storage area please remember to shut the gate for safety reason. From time to time we have volunteers, maintenance contractors accessing the rest of the site. By shutting all gates it keeps you all safe.
- Now enjoy your visit.
- You can access all areas and have a wonderful time.
- You can collect a tub of animal food from the white box attached to the stable / near toilets.
Have a great visit and please post your feedback on our Facebook page or on our website? Please see the photo's below that will help when arriving at the farm.
The Photo's below will hopefully help you and your family visualize the day before you arrive. Being able to visualize a new place helps to lower anxiety and allows parents and children to enjoy and relax when they arrive. So We have added these photo's and give you permission to use them to create social stories or to just look at them online.
1/ Arriving at the farm - This shows you how to find the farm and how to access the farm and enables parents to arrive less stressed.
2/ Indoor Space - This shows you the stables and what is inside. Then, if the outside space gets to much you can retreat to the stables and relax indoors. To the left of the 2nd set of double door is a key lock and in the confirmation email you will be given the codes. But when we know you're visiting our volunteers leave it open ready.
3/ Play areas Natural Play Area, Small Play Area, Sandpit, trampoline plus loads more.
4/ Our Animals you will be able to see and feed.
5/ Our Growing together, which is a working project. It will be filled with fruit trees, fruit bushes, Vet plants, Herbs, Ray the Kune Kune Pigs, Coming Soon Chicken Run, Coming Soon Aviary. We will be adding seating, benches, and lots more.
I hope this helps to make your visit relaxing and fun for all the family.